Pictures that you have captured with the help of the digital camera, mobile phone, camcorder and other digital electronic gadgets are saved in memory cards. Memory cards would probably contain hundreds and thousands of images captured on important moments like marriages, birthdays, trips etc. How careful you might be, there are various circumstances that can corrupt and damage your memory card leaving its files inaccessible and unreadable. Corruption of the memory card will be a devastating experience to you if the pictures stored in the memory card are of great importance to you. Irrespective of the reason behind corruption, you will be bothered much about the precious pictures stored on the memory card, which is not yet backed up recently. What to do next? Don’t worry; your memory card files are not permanently lost after corruption. They are just hidden from the system interface as its allocation information is just removed from the file table. These hidden files are highly impossible to access through manual techniques. But it is quite simple when you assign the task to a photo recovery tool. This tool has the potential to restore all your sweet memories with simple mouse clicks.
Various reasons responsible for the corruption of the memory card are mentioned below:
- Improper way of handling the memory card: Unusual ways of handling the memory card ends up in corruption of card such as abrupt removal of the memory card from a card reader when the files or folders are still open on the computer, pulling out the memory card out of the card reader while file transfer is in progress between the computer and card, removing the memory card from a camera while the image is being written to the card.
- Virus Attack: Virus is the most common serious threat responsible for the corruption of the memory card. Viruses penetrate through the memory card when you connect it to a virus-infected computer for file transfer. The viruses damage the file system of the memory card, thus making the entire memory card pictures inaccessible.
- Battery Problems: Batteries conking out when the files are being transferred directly from a camera to the computer and capturing the pictures from a digital camera when the battery is nearly empty corrupts the memory card of the digital camera.
- File System Conversion Errors: As the file system is the most vital data structure of the memory card that should not be tampered with. It organizes and manages the files stored on the memory card. Errors encountered while the file system conversion halts the process halfway resulting in a corruption of the card. For instance, a memory card has a FAT 32 file system originally. Interruptions encountered due to a sudden system shut down while converting the memory card file system from FAT to NTFS results in an unsuccessful conversion leading to a memory card corruption.
- Errors during the transfer of Photos: Interruptions/errors during the transfer of digital photos from the camera to the computer as a result of the an abrupt removal of the drive, a sudden computer shutdown, power failures, switching off the camera, etc. could either damage digital images leaving them inaccessible or lead to loss of photos.
Other than these, there are many other scenarios responsible for the corruption of the memory card. In all such critical conditions, you can make use of photo recovery tool to get back your wonderful photos. It can recover up to 300 types with the aid of unique file attributes. Other than memory card; you can restore JPEG pictures deleted from the flash drive, external hard drive, iPod, FireWire drive etc. Various picture file formats that can be retrieved by this application include GIF, TIFF, PNG, BMP, PSD, JPG and RAW image file formats. Basically memory cards have a FAT32 file system but along with this, it can also recover images from a FAT16, NTFS, NTFS5 and exFAT file systems.
This outstanding application is featured with powerful built-in algorithms that scan the drive sector by sector and scoop out all the hidden files that lie beyond manual recovery. Just visit here for more info on how to carry out a digital photo recovery from renowned brands of digital cameras like Sony, Nikon, Kodak, Canon, Panasonic, GoPro, and Transcend with utmost ease. The easy-to-use interface of the software allows any amateur user to carry out the picture recovery process without the assistance of data recovery experts. To restore pictures from all latest Mac operating system versions including Mac Lion, Mac Leopard, Mac Snow Leopard, Mac Mountain Lion, Yosemite, Mavericks, El Capitan, Sierra; go through the following link https://www.photorecoveryprogram.com/mac.html
Steps to recover pictures from a corrupted memory card:
Step 1: Download and install the software on your computer, connect the memory card to the computer and open the main window of the software. Select "Recover Photos" as shown in fig 1. Select "Recover Lost Photos" option from the next screen.
Fig 1: Main Window
Step 2: Now choose the storage drive from which you have to recover the pictures and press the "Next" to start the data recovery procedure as shown in fig 2.
Fig 2: Select Memory Card
Step 3: Immediately after the completion of the recovery process, a list of recovered files will be displayed as shown in fig 3. Select the required file and save to secure location.
Fig 3: Preview Photos