“Please help!! I'm totally devastated after losing pictures and recorded videos from memory card on my Sony digital camera. I lost quite a lot of stuff due to accidental formatting of Sony memory card after connecting it to PC to be more accurate around 16GB of data. I was intending to transfer all the files from memory card to PC, so that I could use it to capture more pictures and videos. But nonetheless, this mishap has cost me badly. Now I am desperately looking for help to recover lost files from Sony memory card. Suggest me with the best tool that performs Sony memory card recovery”
Majority of the digital devices or gadgets make use of an additional source of storage space for holding more data. The memory card has turned out to be the perfect choice of adding more space to the device due to its small size, durability and various other factors. And when you take the list of brands manufacturing memory, you will certainly come across Sony. They have always kept the reputation of coming up with quality products. Sony is manufacturing memory cards, which are compatible with the digital camera, mobile phones, handy cams, etc. But unfortunately, no brand can prevent you from losing data from a memory card. Let us go through the commonly discussed data loss situations from the Sony memory card.
Common possibilities of data loss or deletion from the Sony memory card
- Human mishaps: Data loss due to human mishaps is totally unpredicted, one silly mistake might cost you big time. Accidentally deleting or formatting the Sony memory card can happen with any user.
- Malware and virus intervention: Connecting your Sony memory card to an infected PC can affect the Sony memory card adversely. By connecting it an infected PC the files in the card might get attached with the same viruses. Afterward, if you connect the same memory card to a PC with updated antivirus application then it might remove the virus attached files. The virus may also enter into your memory card, if you try to download items from the suspicious sites.
- Read/write process interruption: Abruptly removing the Sony memory card while reading or writing process is active on memory card will make the files inaccessible.
- Over usage: Using the same Sony memory card with different gadgets can cause a file system corruption, and thereby the entire files will become inaccessible.
Situations like these are annoying for any user, some people might still have the misconception that files are lost from Sony memory card forever. But the fact is different, the files which are deleted from the storage area is not permanently removed until the memory card is used to store more files. How is this? If you copy more files into Sony memory card then it will overwrite the space, which makes it impossible to recover files from the memory card. So, it’s recommended not to use Sony memory card after data loss. You can avail the services of one of the best Sony memory card recovery tool named Photo Recovery to get back your files after that.
This Sony memory card recovery software is built to recover images and videos from a Sony memory card that are lost or deleted. It is a safe and secure approach to recover files from a Sony memory card. It is well equipped with the powerful algorithms, which scans the drive very deeply to recover photos from Sony memory card. It has the capability to restore images from corrupted or a damaged memory card due to known and unknown reasons.
More features of the Photo Recovery Program
- The application comes with a simple and very interactive interface, which allows the user to perform Sony memory card recovery without any fail.
- Apart from recovering files from the Sony memory card, this tool is also effective in restoring files from a MicroSD, SD, MiniSD, SDXC, xD and many other memory cards.
- This tool works well with both Windows and Mac operating system platforms for retrieving files from a Sony memory card.
- You can also use this software to recover files from SanDisk, Transcend, Kingston and other memory card brands.
Steps to retrieve lost/deleted files from Sony memory card:
Step 1: At first, download and install the software into your computer. Mount the memory card into your computer using the card reader, Launch the software, the welcome screen will appear as shown in figure A.
Figure A: Welcome Screen
Step 2: Select "Recover Photos" from the welcome screen and in the next screen choose the memory card drive from the list of logical drives as shown in figure B.
Figure B: Select the Memory Card
Step 3: Check the list of the recovered photos in "File Type View" as shown in figure C.
Figure C: Recovered Photo Files